As the methods how buyers and sellers exchange programmatic inventory and campaign budgets continues to evolve and improve, it is vital to continue to stay up to date on the frequent changes currently taking place in the programmatic industry so your company can maximize its involvement and success.
Specifically, programmatic direct is a highly effective method for advertisers to automate their direct ad buys for set campaigns.
Programmatic direct incorporates both guaranteed and non-guaranteed contacts. Programmatic direct differs from real-time bidding in that it is a guaranteed buy rather than an auction like RTB. Publishers and advertisers are adopting programmatic direct because it allows for premium purchases to be conducted programmatically rather than through a direct ad buy.
Programmatic Direct Continues to Advance in Importance
Programmatic direct allows for priority access to premium inventory for advertisers which previously has only been available through a direct relationship with the publisher. Whereas Programmatic Direct was once known as a method for unloading leftover remnant traffic, much has changed since that was true in 2015.
Speaking about Programmatic Direct, Google bullishly is predicting that in the near future, “the majority of advertisers and publishers will choose to conserve resources and streamline the sales process by conducting direct deals programmatically.” https://www.doubleclickbygoogle.com/articles/the-state-of-programmatic-direct/
Clearly, the benefits for using Programmatic Direct are strong on both the buy-side and the sell-side.
Core Benefits for Advertisers
- Early access to premium inventory
- Ability to use data to target campaigns with precision
- Real-time optimization with analytics
- Ability to segment target audiences
Core Benefits for Publishers
- Create new partnership with advertisers for premium inventory
- Brand safe advertisers to work with
- New opportunities for selling premium ad units
- Minimize unsold premium inventory and move more premium inventory more easily
- Increase content exposure at the audience segment level Target premium audiences beyond the publisher site (audience extension)
- Optimize content to grow high value audiences
- Systematically sell paid subscriptions leveraging programmatic marketing
- Demand maximum CPM rates for narrowly defined target audiences
Conclusion – Modify this
One of the most powerful effects of optimizing sales with Premium programmatic (or programmatic direct) is the ability to grow the total amount of revenue a publisher can generate.
To optimize premium programmatic, ensure brand safety and avoid price erosion, publishers need to keep their antennas up for better solutions.
They need to provide more granular audience targeting on premium ad inventory. They need to work with trusted partners to increase the value of their data and user and ensure their inventory yields maximum ad revenue.
At Total Media we welcome the opportunity to explore strategies for growing publisher revenues.