When someone from Facebook campaign visits your website and takes action (for example, watching a video or filling out a form), the Facebook pixel reports this action. The pixel will also give you the opportunity to reach this customer again and get more conversions.
So, if you’re planning to spend any money on Facebook campaigns, installing the Facebook pixel is a must if you want to track your conversions accurately and optimize the results of your campaigns.
What Is Facebook Pixel and How Will it Help You?
According to Facebook, “The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that helps you measure the effectiveness of your advertising. You can use the Facebook pixel to understand the actions people are taking on your website and reach audiences you care about.”
The Facebook pixel will help you in three main areas:
- Conversion tracking: Facebook pixel allows you to track conversions on your site as a result of clicks from Facebook ads
- Optimization: After installation, you can set up automatic bidding to target people who are more likely to convert.
- Remarketing: Based on the information you collect from the pixel, you can create audiences that are likely to buy your products or services.
The Facebook pixel can also track events taken on your site. To implement event tracking, you need to generate extra pixel code within Ads Manager. You can choose from a list of standard events Facebook provides for you, or create your own custom events that are based off URLs.
Why Should You Use Facebook Pixel?
To collect useful information regarding actions and conversions that result from Facebook traffic, you need to deploy the Facebook pixel. The followings are the top 6 reasons why you should use the Facebook pixel:
- The ability to do retargeting for people who already visited your site. Retargeting will help to increase conversions from Facebook campaigns.
- Track conversions from Facebook ads to help optimize the FB ads for higher conversions.
- Build custom audiences based on what pages were visited on your website and then create unique campaigns for these audiences. Custom audiences will assist you to create additional opportunities to increase revenue.
- Build lookalike audiences that Facebook generates of people that you already created based on factors that expand beyond age and interests. Similar to point 3, will help to create additional revenues.
- We highly recommend installing your Facebook pixel inside of Google Tag Manager, as it will free up some development resources. For additional information about the benefits of Google Tag Manager click here.
Facebook paid campaigns could get a significant boost by deploying the Facebook pixel on your website. Higher conversions by tracking and optimizing Facebook ads clicks, building audiences based on their preferences and beyond and the ease of deploying the pixel with the help of Google Tag Manager make it a lot easier decision of whether to install the Facebook pixel.
If you could benefit from professional buy-side or sell-side consulting or assistance with your Google Analytics account, or if you would like to learn more and how to create some shortcuts and using Google Tag Manager (GTM) to tackle all of the various scenarios we have outlined, feel free to contact us below.